Saturday, June 20, 2009

One Dress - 365days

Okay, I know I haven't been updating this blog for weeks. It's depressing cause my powerbook has officially died and the other available PC/Laptop at home works on a 192RAM or less. So hence the lack of updates. In fact I haven't even been reading any of my favourite blogs. It's just extremely frustrating since I'm free 24/7 to surf the net.

Anyway, I came across this via the swirl girls blog, an extremely interesting fashion concept with a cause. Conceptualize by Sheela Matheiken, The Uniform Project is to wear a custom designed dress by her friend, Eliza Starbuck for 365 days, adding layers and accessories to reinvent the look each day. How cool is that? And funds raised will go to the Akanksha Foundation, a grassroot movement that is revolutionizing education in India. You can contribute by donating cash to the project or accessories to assist in styling.

The looks created are definitely inspiring and you'd never had thought that they are the same dress. Started in May 2009 and 10 more months to go, I can't wait to see what else she has up her sleeves with styling! She's definitely going straight into my google reader for fashion inspiration.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cool project. This dress can really be dressed up and down!

    I've added you to my fashion blog roll...Mind if we exchange links?

    ReplyDelete